Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Parenthood 101 (Day 8)

Today is my last full day in my role as "mom". Omg. I made it. Wow. That was quite a week. Their mom comes home from Cuba tomorrow and I will be free. I figured tonight I'm gonna order pizza in, as it's my last night here. Nothing else major/crazy planned...just some more of the same old same old.

Wow. Haha, I must say that alot and I apologize. I'm just happy that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel. That sounds bad too, but in all seriousness I just miss my own life, and this has been a rude awakening as to what living with children is like. I'm not opposed to being a stay-at-home mom either. The first five years of a child's life are essential to their development and as my mom put it "I'm not paying anyone to raise my children." I wouldn't mind staying at home, until the kids were of school age, but I want to work, I want to teach. I would want to go back to work, and being a teacher, that would work well as far as schedules go. I didn't go to university to stay at home. I enjoy money and want to be out in the workforce earning it.

Just had to avert a nose bleed situation. Was getting dressed and ready for the morning when I head Isla shrieking like a banshee. I dunno what Cyrus did, but he must have popped her good. There was blood trailing from the living room all the way to the bathroom. Thank goodness blood has never revolted me and I was blessed with a very strong stomach. Got all the blood cleaned up off her face and she was good as new.

Just brought the kids back from the park. I wish it wasn't so freaking cold out so I could run more energy off of them. Sigh. They are currently playing with stamps and ink, which is sure to end up messy. Will be ordering a pizza soon for supper and possibly working in a game of Twister afterwards.

In just over 24 hours I will be off mommying duty. I'll be repacking my suitcase tonight and making sure I have everything before getting driven back tomorrow morning. If learned anything from this experience, it's how difficult and isolating being a stay-at-home parent can be...and this was only for 8 days. I can't even imagine having to do that for years on end, I would lose my sanity. While I love kids, I love the fact that my job allows me to be around kids during the day, and in the evenings I can go home to my quiet house and have my own quiet private time. There is no separation of the two once you have kids. This past week in a way has served as a third type of birth control...the reminder of what having a couple of kids is like and how totally unprepared I am for children (at least for several more years). I do want to be a mom eventually but there are alot of other ducks I need to get in a row before that even remotely becomes a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment